There are a few ways to get involved with the National Film & Sci-fi Museum
As a volunteer you could:
• Help us engage our visitors with all things film & TV in one of our visitor-facing roles, helping us create an unforgettable experience for our visitors.
• Get involved with our unique collections and help restore our unique objects.
• Support our Learning team to engage, encourage and inspire our younger visitors.
• Gain valuable hands-on experience and skills throughout a variety of Museum roles.
• Help facilitate our special events by taking on roles such as queue management, cash handling, guest assisting.
We are extremely grateful to our volunteers whose time and effort bring so much to the Museum and its visitors. Whatever your background or experience, our Volunteer Programme is open to all.
How do I become a National Film & Sci-fi Museum Volunteer?
The Volunteer Programme is open to anyone aged 16 and over—all you need is enthusiasm, passion about the subject and a willingness to get stuck in.
We expect Volunteers to do just that, volunteer, so please have no expectations, just be ready to muck in. Like many other jobs, there may be hours of boredom interspaced with frenetic activity, or more likely hours of frenetic activity with a few seconds of boredom.
Join the team
We do not currently have any paid positions within our team.
Friend of the National Film & Sci-fi Museum
This is a unique opportunity to support the museum and its projects. This is an annual paid for package that provides you with exclusive opportunities to get involved.
For £1200 you can enjoy exclusive access and a tailor-made programme of events while providing charitable support to the museum.
• A personalised, priority-booking service.
• Annual entrance to the museum
• Entrance to all special public event events days and weekends
• Annual ticket holders merchandise pack
• Accreditation on the website
Support a Kickstarter project
Part of the ethos of the museum is to help restore items used in our favourite films and TV productions so they can be enjoyed by future generations. To enable us to do this we require additional funding to support the restorations. We will be highlighting our first projects soon so check back to see what we have completed and what new ones are in the works and how you add your pledges to help us real our goals.